Thursday, September 17, 2009

Appetizing Appetizer


Whether you call it "Korean pancake" or "pajun" or "boo chim gae" it was what was the start to a lovely dinner last evening.Thank you for devouring everything I placed before you Kobi and Gina!

Although a Korean dish, the greens in the pancake are called "Chinese chives" or Gao Choy* (stronger in taste than chives in the US).

The accompanying sauce is homemade and fairly simple. Soy, white vinegar, sugar and chopped scallion...

*The leaves are flat and cook quickly. Be sure to use within 3 days as they are particularly fragile little fuckers. But they taste oh so good...


Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I love those! My mom makes them for me once in a while (I'm half korean). My fave is her bul go gi (or however you spell it in english!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMg, I could make / eat these all day. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell make her add some kimchi in with it too, yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Kimch-jun is a totally different creature all-together! I don't have kimchi handy very often but when I do it's friggin' on!

    ReplyDelete