Friday, August 21, 2009

I Think I'm Gonna Get Lasik

Anyone out there have it? Thoughts? Tips? Yay? Nay?

While I was researching, all these weird ads popped up...boob job stuff...lipo stuff...epicanthal fold stuff (if you don't know what this is):

From Wikipedia (epicanthal fold) - An epicanthic fold, epicanthal fold, or epicanthus is a skin fold of the upper eyelid (from the nose to the inner side of the eyebrow) covering the inner corner of the eye. In some Asian ethnicities, the presence of an epicanthic fold is associated with a less prominent upper eyelid crease, commonly termed "single eyelids" as opposed to "double eyelids".

Basically, mad Asians get this surgery to look more "western", whatevs.

So then, this picture kept popping up about some Asian chick who got all these plastic surgeries to look like a white chick! I don't know who she is, but damn, she must be loaded cuz she's come a long way! So I had to share :).

I just want to get Lasik.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Luv!!!

    I haven't had Lasik, but I'm thinking about it, too. My Sister-In-Law had it a few years ago, and we were able to watch the procedure on a live closed circuit feed. It was very interesting. She says she's thrilled with having had it and hasn't had any problems since.
    OMG.......I had no idea Julie had changed so much over the years!!! She is very pretty...I have to admit.....even before the surgeries.

    Do what you are comfortable with, and do it only for you and no one else!!!

    Luv Ya Lady!!
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jun,

    I had Lasik in one eye in 2005 and was thrilled with the result. I haven't worn contact lenses or corrective lenses since. I am/was near sighted and feared needed glasses for reading if I got both eyes done, and my doctor said that could happen, hence my decision to just have one eye corrected.

    My husband on the other hand had issues with both reading and distance, had both eyes done, and although it was it much more invasive procedure, he too is thrilled with the end result and no longer needs corrective lenses of any kind.

    I do believe it doesn't last forever. My distance vision is still very good, good enough to drive and watch TV but I am thinking someday in the coming future I may need it done again, and I will in a heartbeat.

    I chose to go to Kremer Laser Vision center as it is the first (and best) center in the US and I would highly recommend them. I have in fact sent many friends there and they have all had wonderful experiences and results. So if you go, choose your center carefully.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Luv, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Thanks for all that Patti :). I will confer with you again once I make my decision!

    Blue. You WOULD think she was pretty! Hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jun, steve and i both had our both of eyes done, lasik. so far very satisfied. i shouldn't have but i drove myself back home after the surgery (15min ride) no pain. my two sisters got not lasik but the other one since they didn't qualify to get lasik. and it's better but they still wear glasses once in a while, when in front of a computer or whatever. one of them wears much thinner lenses/contacts. so i guess it's a step up. good luck.
    -Yon

    ReplyDelete